Search This Blog

Monday, May 7, 2012

Human Environment Interactions

In South Africa, the government and citizens have had a major effect on some aspects of the environment. Many dams have been built on the rivers so that the country can be supplied with hydroelectric power, as well as water for irrigation in the areas where abundant crops are grown. The dams have also been used to prevent flooding and as a result, lakes have been formed.Along with dams, the government constructed national reserves and game reserves to protect wildlife. In the past, the country cleared large areas areas that contained rare African wildlife for their own benefit, such as grazing, farming, and livestock rasing. Many species are becoming endangered and even worse, extinct. Now, South Africa has some of the biggest natural reserves in the world so that animals such as elephants, zebras, lions, and leapords can continue to live unharmed. Some of the effects, however, are not positive. Citizens living off of home-made goods often contribute to the widespread issue of poaching. The poor area of the country poaches because they are in desperate need of money and one horn from a rhino equals more money than one year's salary.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Hydroelectric_power_stations_in_South_Africa
http://worldgeography.abc-clio.com/Topics/Display/166?sid=1116586&cid=50&useConcept=False
National Park

http://www.willgoto.com/1/145199/liens.aspx
Poaching

http://conservationbiology.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/poached.jpg

22 comments:

  1. Updating your home can be a lot of work. Additionally, if you’re a novice, there are many aspects you should consider as you tackle a project. No matter what type of home improvement project you have going on, this article will have some valuable information for you.
    okanaganautomation |

    nhbensautobody |

    finanauto |

    autoenergy-gr |

    ppautocenter |

    ReplyDelete
  2. People will treat animals so badly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much whoever made this site it helped me with my project

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with this fellow (probably from my school!) above me. This was a huge timesaver, thank you a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you this site really helped our project!

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks his really helped with my project!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks helped me on my project greatly

    ReplyDelete
  8. THank u this site also helped with our project

    ReplyDelete
  9. it also felt really good to get info on how to have sex

    ReplyDelete
  10. thank you for this site it helped with my classwork

    ReplyDelete
  11. This site really helped me with an assignment, thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very helpful. But, I found a spelling error in the third sentence at the period. There is no space before the word again.

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks, this really helped with my homework and saved me many hours of research. this website is really straight forward and is very informative.

    ReplyDelete
  14. might need a little bit more info but is still very helpful and helped me with my assignment

    ReplyDelete
  15. I commend you on your research you have helped me with my work.

    ReplyDelete
  16. djkkjkjjkfdfdkjdkdfjfjfjfjfdfdjkkjjkdkjdfdjfkjfdfdjfkfjddfjkdfjkjjjjkffkkffkkffkkf

    ReplyDelete